Friday, June 20, 2008

Tell me

From an email I sent previously:
I didn't really realize until right now how important it is for everyone to have someone to tell. It doesn't matter what it is, but people, myself included, really need to be able to tell someone about whatever it is that's bothering them. I was talking to a friend tonight and he kept hinting that something was wrong with him and it involved this girl but he didn't really want to talk about it, and then today after just talking for a while he suddenly spills his entire story and how he's so heartbroken and shares all of this emotion with me. He didn't really want any feedback or advice about it. I feel that he needed to tell someone about what was hurting him so badly.
Sometimes I feel bad because I don't always have the answer to their problems or some kind of insight that will help them find their own answers. Now I realize that the most important part about having someone share these kind of things with you is not that you need to give them an answer, you just need to be there to listen and you need to allow them the time that they need to open up and talk about whatever it is that's on their mind. The fact that they've told someone seems to help them more than any advice they could receive.


Thank you to everyone who has shared with me and everyone who has listened to me no matter how irrational I may sound.

Tonight I would give alot to be back in Los Angeles. I just dont have $800 to give. I miss you all so much.

1 comment:

janet said...

i miss you so much too. i wish i had the $800 to give you so you could just fly back now. But i wanted to say thank you for always listening to me when i needed someone.. and that you are more than welcome to do it anytime too!

omg two weeks left until i get to see you! <3 <3 <3