Monday, June 16, 2008

Adventures in Bakeland

sugar
Sugar!
SUGAR!!!
It's fun times at the bakery when I'm working. Although their style is not quite what I would do if I had complete creative control, some of it is cure and it's a good place for me to start and work on my basics over and over and over again. I'm learning what it takes to run a bakery and I also get to make note of things I would do differently. Creative differences aside, I'm a total shutterbug at work. Check out some of the snaps I took of things I've made at work!




I think this might be what love looks like :) rainbow sprinkles on a chocolate cupcake.



little tiny cherry tarts

can you spot my initials?

dolphin sugar cookies



everything I make I seem to make billions of. Creativity in mass.

You should have seen all of the gumpaste flowers I made that day. An endless field of baby pink flowers on a shiny stainless steel countertop.

I liked these cupcakes. Everytime I make a cupcake design that's different from their standard this one person gets a bit miffed. Does no one else crave variety?!
So those are just a few. I've also iced countless cakes in buttercream and whipped cream and baked tons of cookies. I really do enjoy my job now. I dont make as much money as I did before and I'm working much longer days but I have fun while I'm there.
Other sound bites from my life:
*Today a customer told me that I look like Cinderella. I get a surprising number of compliments at work. People can be so nice sometimes :)
*I want to open up the West Coast version of Charm City Cakes ;)
*I might be going hiking tomorrow (I hate hiking but I really love these people so I'll go anyway)
*I MISS LA!
*I'm a million times happier and generally better this summer than last summer.
Love,

1 comment:

Penny Pink said...

the cupcake fad is taking the world over. even in australia people are madly baking the little sugary sponge cups and prettying them for their friends...ahhh..they just make me so happy :)