Monday, August 4, 2008

Babies?!

Ah babies. What odd little things. So much power in someone who can't even speak.
But anyway, I was asked to make a cake for my mom's friend's baby shower. So i thought about it and concluded that I strongly disliked all the overly cutesy, baby cradle, blocks, diapers, bottles and such that I saw on other baby shower cakes. I knew I couldn't make something like that and really enjoy it and therefore do a good job at it. So i sat and thought for a while and came up with the baby food concept you're about to see! It's lemon cake with cream cheese filling and a vanilla butter cream.

that's baby's very long full name going around the lid.


Fruit and veg cupcakes!

Mama and her cake. And yes she was happy with it ha ha.

The whole group.








and some detail shots. It was a lot of fun making all the little fruits and vegetables :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

well, it's a bizarre talent, but you're pretty much a food genius. you are officially hired for my wedding cupcakes. and if that doesn't happen in the next 10 years, you're going to make them anyway and the two of us are going to eat them all ourselves.

Nicole said...

These are amazing!